VPCC Coaching Program
The VPCC is looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals with track cycling expertise who want to share their love and knowledge with the next generation of racers and enthusiasts alike. Coaching is a fun and rewarding way to give back to our community. All coaches will receive mentoring and skills development that will support future leadership roles. VPCC coaches will receive additional benefits for the year based upon the number of hours worked per season.
Interested in becoming a VPCC Community Program coach? Contact Us!
- USA Cycling Coaching License (reimbursed after 10 hours of coaching)
- SafeSport Trained
- CPR and basic first aid training (provided by VPCC)
- Enjoy teaching/sharing the basics of track cycling
- Track cycling experience
Assistant Coach Requirements
- SafeSport trained or equivalent
- No prior coaching experience needed
- Track cycling experience is highly desirable
- USAC Coaches will receive $16/hour, and 1 credit/hour
- Assistant Coaches will receive 1.5 credits/hour and Velodrome sign-off on high school community service hours
New this year is our velodrome credits program, which allows our coaches to earn credits toward a season-end refund of their expenses paid directly to the velodrome. Eligible expenses include race entries, training fees, membership fees, spectator tickets, infield passes, and community programs fees. Each credit is set at 8 dollars for the 2023 season. Refunds will not exceed the total amount of fees paid to the VPCC.
COMING SOON- Private Coaching Opportunities
The VPCC coaching staff provides direct support to our community programs, structured fitness, and structured training classes, but many of our coaches also run independent coaching businesses. Athletes who desire individual or specialized coaching may take the opportunity to hire one of these professional coaches. As a courtesy to the coaches who support our VPCC programs, a list of coaches wishing to support individual riders will be listed below as soon as we have completed hiring our coaches for the 2023 season.